JHSC Part 1 Certification March 2020 – $469 + HST
March 10 @ 9:00 am - March 12 @ 4:30 pm
JHSC Part 1 Certification March 2020
Cost $469 + HST
JHSC Part 1 Certification March 2020: This course is the first in a series of two training programs which qualifies individuals to act as certified members of a workplace joint health and safety committee. Since this training program has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer, successful learners will be granted certified status by the CPO. Next, learners will need to take Part 2 training within 6 months in order to maintain active certified member status.
What to Expect from JHSC Part 1 Certification:
- Three days of in-class training
- Learn how to read and understand occupational health and safety law
- Learn about your role as a certified member in the workplace
- Participate in group discussions, break-out sessions, case studies, and role-play exercises
Who Needs to Attend JHSC Part 1 Certification? All provincially regulated workplaces in Ontario with 20 or more workers, and sometimes those with fewer than 20 workers, must have a joint health and safety committee. The committee must include a minimum of 2-4 certified (trained) members who have successfully completed Part 1 and Part 2 of the JHSC Certification training protocol. To determine the number of certified members required at your workplace, please visit the Ministry of Labour’s Guide for Health and Safety Committees.
- Health and Safety Law
- Duties, Rights and Powers
- Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Workplace Hazards: Recognize, Assess, Control, Evaluate
- Accident and Incident Investigations
- Information Resources
How to Register
- Click the “Register Now” link at the bottom of this page. Fill in and submit the form.
- Our office will email you an invoice and a secure payment link
- You will receive confirmation of your registration after you complete your payment