- This event has passed.
JHSC Part 1 May 2019
May 14 - May 16
JHSC May 2019 – Part 1
Cost $439 + HST
JHSC May 2019 – Part 1: This course is the first in a series of two training programs which qualifies individuals to act as certified members of a workplace joint health and safety committee. Since this training program has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer (CPO), successful learners will be granted certified status by the CPO. Next, learners will need to take Part 2 training within 6 months in order to maintain active certified member status.
Learners will attend and participate in three days of in-class training. They will learn how to read and understand occupational health and safety law and how to fulfill their role as a certified member in the workplace. In order to facilitate the application of key concepts and principles, the workshop incorporates group discussion, break-out sessions, case studies and role playing.
All provincially regulated workplaces in Ontario with 20 or more workers, and sometimes those with fewer than 20 workers, must have a joint health and safety committee. The committee must include a minimum of 2-4 certified (trained) members who have successfully completed Part 1 and Part 2 of the JHSC Certification training protocol. To determine the number of certified members required at your workplace, please visit the Ministry of Labour’s Guide for Health and Safety Committees.
- Health and Safety Law
- Duties, Rights and Powers
- Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Workplace Hazards: Recognize, Assess, Control, Evaluate
- Accident and Incident Investigations
- Information Resources
How to Register
- Click the “Register Now” link at the bottom of this page. Fill in and submit the form.
- Our office will email you an invoice and a secure payment link
- You will receive confirmation of your registration after you complete your payment