JHSC Refresher Training Description:
JHSC Refresher Training is the final part of the Ontario JHSC program standard. Certified members of joint health and safety committees must take Refresher training every three (3) years. Keeping your Refresher training up-to-date will allow you to remain a certified member of your workplace JHSC.
Our virtual JHSC Refresher training is delivered through videoconference with a live instructor in real-time. To participate as a learner in this safety training course, you will need a computer or laptop with a webcam. You will also need access to Zoom and Google Classroom (instructions will be provided after registration).
Refresher training can be completed in one day and it extends your JHSC Certificate for another 3 years. Certification is granted by the Chief Prevention Officer of the MLTSD. Successful learners will be able to access their certificate online through the MLTSD’s certificate management system.
Pre-Requisites to JHSC Refresher Training:
- Computer/laptop with webcam
- Basic computer literacy (perform web searches, check email, type into online documents)
- Hold a valid JHSC Certificate check eligibility
What you will you learn?
- Internal Responsibility System
- Roles and duties of workplace parties
- Rights and responsibilities of JHSC and its members
- Recognition, assessment, control and evaluation of hazards
- Changes to legislation
- New hazards in occupational health and safety
How will you learn?
- Zoom video conferencing
- Google Classroom assignments
- Group discussion
- Workplace specific exercises
- Case studies
Download Course Agenda
No Events Found