JHSC Part 1 Training Description:
JHSC Part 1 training is the first part of the Ontario JHSC program standard. This course is the first step in becoming a certified member of your joint health and safety committee. In order to become fully certified, you also need to take Part 2 training within one year.
Our virtual safety training is delivered through videoconference with a live instructor in real-time. To participate as a learner in this safety training course, you will need a computer or laptop with a webcam. You will also need access to Zoom and Google Classroom (instructions will be provided after registration).
It takes 3 days to complete Part 1 training (training length is mandated by the Ministry of Labour). Certification is granted by the Chief Prevention Officer of the MLTSD. You will receive a certificate of completion and you will be able to access your CPO certificate online.
Pre-Requisites to JHSC Part 1 Training:
- Computer/laptop with webcam
- Basic computer literacy (perform web searches, check email, type into online documents)
- No previous safety training required
Why take Virtual JHSC Part 1 Training?
- OHSA requirement for workplaces with 20 or more workers
- Our JHSC program is approved by the MLTSD’s Chief Prevention Officer
- JHSC Part 1 training is the first step in becoming a certified member
- Create a more effective joint health and safety committee
- Identify gaps in your current H&S program
- Train remotely online
What will you learn?
- How to read the Occupation Health and Safety Act
- The role of a certified member
- How to recognize, assess, control and evaluate workplace hazards
- How to perform an accident investigation
- Your responsibilities and rights as a worker
- The rights and responsibilities of your employer and supervisors
- Where to find additional resources after this course
How will you learn?
- Zoom video conferencing
- Google Classroom assignments
- Group discussion
- Workplace specific exercises
- Case studies
This event has passed
8 Has Sold
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM Daily